Saturday 25 May 2013

Veet Easy Wax Bzz Campaign

I was recently invited to my latest Bzz campaign for the Veet Easy Wax, I usually shave and have done for many years however I have occasionally been professionally waxed and have tried out the Veet Wax Strips in the past but found they did not work for myself. So I was pretty excited to try the product out and see how it would work for me! 

The Easy Wax kit is an electrical roll-on device which heats the wax cartridge so that the wax can then be applied and removed with the use of paper strips. The Easy Wax's advised heating time is between 20 and 40 minutes and plugs into the mains electricity when heating. It also comes with a handy stand to keep the devise upright when warming  the wax and during use to avoid excess spills and mess.


Here is what was came in my Bzz kit, including the Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On device with leg cartridge and the separate bikini and underarm cartridge. The kits also came with strips to remove wax, perfect finish wipes and user instructions.


As I do not have much hair on my legs I decided I would test the bikini and underarm cartridge rather than the leg one, I left my under arms unshaven for about a week and a half previous to using the Easy Wax so I had enough growth to be removed by the wax.


Here is immediately before and after me using the Easy wax. Saying that the Easy Wax did not remove all of my hair and I did have to tediously remove all the hair left with tweezers! So this is after tweezing also.


I left the devise to heat for 20 minutes at first but the wax was no where ready to be used so I had to leave it for at least another 10 minutes until it was usable  it was still quite difficult to apply though. Overall I found the process extremely painful and even when keeping my skin taught and following the instructions fully I have been left with extremely irritated skin.


I found the wax came out quite thick and made a mess of the cartridge, I was more annoyed that the wax was not removing all the hairs though. After a lot of time and pain I decided to throw in the towel and tweeze the hairs the wax was not removing as I did not want to leave my underarms uneven.


After my armpits were finally hair-free they felt absolutely raw, I have never had a bad reaction to any wax products I have used but the Easy Wax felt as it it had removed more skin than hair! There was redness after the initial wax which I thought would fade as the night went on however my underarms have gone on to scab and have been extremely sore. I don't know if I have had an adverse reaction or it is just a bad product but I definitely won't be recommending the Easy Wax or using it again! 

This damage was caused when I made sure to follow all of the instructions and waxed as safely as I could by keeping skin taught and pulling in the right directions. But this experience has put me off waxing altogether I will be sticking to my trusty razor to avoid any possible pain and discomfort. Even now 5 days since waxing my under arms are sore and peeling, at least my E45 lotion is coming in handy to try and keep them moisturized.

All of the views expressed are my honest opinion and I hope if you decide to give the Veet Easy Wax a go you have a much better pain-free experience! 

If you'd like to look into becoming a Bzz Agent yourself check out: www.bzzagent.co.uk/

5 comments:

  1. Ouch! I saw your post on the Bzz page and was curious about your review as I'm new to Bzzing. I've also been testing Veet but didn't have the guts to try under my arms yet. I found it good on my legs. Great review and hope you recover very soon!
    (Hilda Wright on facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the same reaction to it on my underarms. How long did it take to heal? Did you use anything on it? What caused it an allergic reaction? Did you see the doc? Mine are so sore day 3 atm help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took over a month to fully heal overall but I was pretty uncomfortable and sore for at least the first two weeks! I have no idea why I had that sort of reaction, I do have very sensitive skin but the bikini and underarm cartridge was said to be for sensitive skin so I was really shocked how badly it affected me. After a few days when it had started to scab I started to use E45 cream just to help moisturize. I didn't see the doctor as it started to scab pretty quickly but if it had stayed raw I would have. Sorry to hear you've had the same kind of experience!
      xx

      Delete
  3. do the marks dissapear? i had a same mishap at a local waxing parlour due to hot wax and i wonder if the marks go away

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, can you please answer me if the marks will go away??
    i did it on my face

    ReplyDelete