Friday 17 May 2013

My First Graze Breakfast Box

As some of you my have already read I recently received my first Graze Munch box a few weeks back now I liked trying the healthy snacks but then a friend sent me a free code to try the breakfasts so I jumped at the chance! I usually just have my corn flakes or rice chrispies so cereal is usually my go to food in the morning so it will be a nice wee change to try out some porridge instead.


Here is what my box looked like, it was very nicely presented like my last Graze box. I like its natural feel and how the colours make it feel more of an organic product. The box included my 4 choices of porridge along with a how to cook leaflet which contains full nutritional information.


I was given 4 different flavors of porridge to try including Apple and Cinnamon, Cherry and Almond, Blackcurrant and Cranberry and Walnut and Pecan each with honey to mix in too. I used to love having porridge for breakfast when I was younger but always had always eaten it with a lot of sugar so it wasn't too bland, so I was glad that the honey was included in the punnet to sweeten it up and add to the fruit and nuts already included in the punnet.


The first porridge I tried was the Walnut and Pecan along with the honey and I actually really enjoyed it, it wasn't overly nutty and the honey made it lovely and sweet. I wasn't really sure how much milk to use so it was a bit of trial and error to get the amount I needed so it wasn't too sticky. I did wish the instructions on the milk in the leaflet were a bit cleared on that front. But I did really like it and definitely would try it again!



Yum yum, 
that didn't take long to finish.





The second porridge I tried was the Apple and Cinnamon punnet, I had a college trip to the zoo that day so needed lots of energy to tackle all those Edinburgh hills! The Apple and Cinnamon punnet had oats, apple slices and raisins along with the the honey, I didn't expect I'd enjoy it so much with it having the raisins but it was actually really nice I didn't notice the raisins that much and again the honey pulled it all together and made it nice and sweet! 


So far I am really enjoying the Breakfast box from Graze, they have proved to be a yummy and filling way to start the day! I will be sure to update when I get a change to munch my way through my last two porridges which are the Cherry and Almond and the Blackcurrant and Cranberry!

If you are already a member of Graze and would like to try your first Graze Breakfast box free use the code RF5T5NJ to get hold of yours. I would highly recommend giving them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment