Friday 26 April 2013

My First Graze Munch Box

Today I got my first Graze box in the post which was totally exciting! A friend had given me a code to redeem so I could have my first box totally free with no strings attached! So I didn't have to worry about being tied into a contract or anything which was fab. You had the choice between a nibble box or a nutrition box and I chose the nibble as there seemed to be so much choice and a few cheeky puds to try!

This is what my box looked like when it arrived, very plain and simple which I really liked.

I couldn't wait to have a look inside and see what yummy snacks I had been given but sadly the postman came just before I was due to leave for college so I had to wait until I was done there to get home and take a peek!



Here's what the box looked like inside with four tasty treats to choose from and information both about Graze itself and nutritional information. My snacks included slightly sweet popping corn, the inspired by jaffa cake mixture, the my thai dippers and the seedsational seed mixture. All of which I was very happy with but it is yet to have the taste test! I was especially looking forward to the popcorn as I have been fancying popcorn for a while now but had never got round to picking any up.

I loved that there was a booklet of the full nutritional information as I am currently on a calorie controlled diet! So I am always very wary of eating things if I don't know their contents so it was awesome to have all the nutritional information available so put into my calorie counter on myfitnesspal. As well as calories Graze list carbs, protein, fab, fibre and sodium contents which are always handy to keep track of. The wee booklet also had the use by dates for all of the items not that they were going to last that long haha!

The first of the snacks I tried was the Inspired by Jaffa Cake Mixture which is a mix of Belgian dark chocolate buttons, orange raisins and roasted hazel nuts. I really enjoyed the snack as a whole however I have never been the biggest fan of raisins but they were surprisingly nice I liked the orange flavoring they had! The mixture of the three different things was definitely nice and refreshing though as the dark chocolate was very rich and the raisins packed with flavor so it was nice to have the hazel nuts as a happy medium. The smell was amazing exactly like jaffa cakes which was really nice. For the whole punnet the Inspired by Jaffa Cake mix was 208 calories which easily fit into my day as a little snack.


The next snack I tried was the Seedsational seed mix which I felt very mixed about. I usually love all types of seeds but the flavoring on these really put me off, after eating just a tiny amount I felt sicky so decided to give them a miss! I'm sure anyone who likes flavored seeds would enjoy them but I am more of a plain eater and am easily made sick by tastes that don't agree with me so I definitely would not like to try these again! The Seedsational mix is 203 calories per punnet and is high in vitamin E.


The third snack I tried was the My Thai which I did not like at all! The baked soy bites were really hard and I did not enjoy the taste at all, I can't really explain the flavor of the soy bites but they just weren't for me! The sauce was meant to be sweet chili however it was more chili to me haha it was way too hot for me! Again it just wasn't a snack that wasn't for me and I would not want to try it again.



The last of my snacks was the slightly sweet popcorn which was the snack I was probably looking forward to most as I haven't had popcorn in forever and sweet popcorn is my favorite! So I am pleased to say the good old popcorn didn't let me down, it was so yummy and I even managed not to burn it! It wasn't overly sweet which was nice and there was a good amount in the bag as I was expecting just a few pieces from the tiny packed it started off as. For the whole bag it was only 118 calories so I was really happy with that, I wish I could have popcorn every night now haha.



Overall I felt the box has been a bit hit and miss! I have really enjoyed the sweet snacks but sadly the two savory snacks I have not enjoyed or continued eating. I am looking forward to seeing what other yummy snacks come my way from Graze though but will have to reconsider my bin list! There is a link below if you too would like to try your first Graze box for free, its well worth a try and I would highly recommend getting one even if its just the first free one to try.

If you would like to try your first Graze box free follow this link to get started! http://www.graze.com/uk/p/WGJGJTG

No comments:

Post a Comment